Reliable Slab Leak Services in Beaumont
Expert Slab Leak Detection & Repair from Impact Plumbing, LLC
Like all plumbing, the pipes that run under a concrete slab sometimes fail and require repair. This is a job that requires specialized knowledge and equipment. At Impact Plumbing, LLC, we have more than three decades of experience in the plumbing industry, serving the needs of residential and commercial customers. We are equipped to accurately diagnose and repair slab leaks in Beaumont and neighboring communities.
Understanding Slab Leaks & Plumbing Under Slab
Water enters your home through a pipe that runs under the concrete slab. When pipes under slabs break or leak leak, you need a professional to solve the problem. Access can be complicated and discovering the location of the problem usually requires special tools.
Signs of a Slab Leak
- Sounds of Running Water: If you have all your fixtures turned off but you are still hearing the sound of running water, you may actually be hearing the sound of a leak underneath your home.
- Water Bills Are Higher Than Normal: Noticing spikes or increases in your bill that do not line up with regular use could indicate that water is being wasted through a leak.
- You Feel Hot Spots in the Floor: When a hot water line breaks, the heat from the water can often be felt through the floor. Your water heater will also be running nonstop.
- You Smell Musty Odors: Excess moisture can start to breed mold and mildew, which release musty odors.
- Cracks in Drywall: If your slab has moved it can create cracks in the drywall of your home. It is smart to check your water lines to see if the slab movement has cracked your water lines as well.
- Your Water Pressure Has Dropped: If water is escaping, even in small amounts through a minor leak, this can easily be spotted by observing whether your water pressure is lower than normal.
- Pooling Water Inside or Outside the Home: Pay attention to pooling water near fixtures and appliances. If you are noticing pools of water by your tub or washing machine even when those fixtures are not being used, this could indicate a leak. Water may also pool in the yard as it rises up from below the home.
Causes Slab Leaks Include:
- Improper installation of pipes and fittings
- Kinks in the pipes
- Shifting earth
- Erosion of the pipes
Locating Slab Leaks
Breaking up concrete slab to locate a leak is both impractical and messy. Fortunately, modern technology has rendered that method obsolete. Our Golden Triangle plumbing company uses state-of-the-art video camera inspection technology to find the source of a leak under the slab.
Get a No Obligation Estimate on Your Slab Leak Repair
The next step is to create a plan to solve the leak. The exact method that will be used depends on the cause of the leak and where it is located. We will explain the source of the problem and recommend the best method to repair the pipe. Our Beaumont plumbers will answer your questions and provide a no-obligation estimate of the cost of the repair.
Give us a call at (409) 229-4110 to schedule slab leak detection services.